Let’s face it – cleaning the bathroom is about as enjoyable as getting a root canal. Chances are, it is probably pretty low on your list of favorite activities. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be a major chore. Here is a step-by-step guide that is designed to make deep cleaning your bathroom easier:
1. Gather together all of your cleaning supplies before you start so you don’t have to stop in the middle of the process to grab whatever you need.
2. Completely clear off your vanity and shelves, moving all of the items to another room until you are done cleaning.
3. To prevent dust or dirt from falling onto areas that you already cleaned, start at the top of the room and work your way down. Begin with the ceiling lights, mirrors, windowsills, and any high shelves, wiping them down thoroughly with a cleaning solution.
4. Spray toilet cleaner in the bowl of your toilet. Close the lid and allow it to soak while you clean the outside of your toilet. Spray the outside with a cleaning solution and wipe it down, making sure to pay particular attention to the base of the toilet. When you are done, use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl, flushing away the dirty water when you are finished.
4. Spray down the shower with a cleaning solution. Use a rough sponge to scrub the walls, doors, and bathtub. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
5. Spray the sink and vanity with cleaner, wiping it down and scrubbing away any dirt or stains.
6. Finish by emptying the garbage, cleaning the baseboards and scrubbing the floor. Don’t forget to put everything back on your vanity and shelves when you are done.
When it comes to deep cleaning your bathroom, following the same routine every time will make it faster and easier. If you find that you still hate cleaning your bathroom even after adopting a new cleaning routine, you may want to think about hiring a cleaning service to do it for you.